Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Garden from H E double hockey sticks

Yup, that's how I feel :)  We moved into our home a couple of years ago and I loved that it showed promise of lush gardens and trees etc.  This was April when we bought and there was still snow on the ground. BUT!  for the last two years we have been trying to reign the garden in.  It is taking over the lawn.  I think a previous owner was a professional gardener and planted everything she could find in the way of perennials, shrubs, fruit trees etc.  I know what you are going to say, to be so lucky to have such expensive plants already in the ground.. but.... there is TOO MUCH.


Just in the backyard there were two plum trees, one nectarine tree, one peach tree, a crab apple tree, 50 hosta plants, 10 butterfly bushes, a hydrangea and the list goes on and on and on!!! The front yard had a huge yew plant which we dug out (it was gross) lol but now have a huge area left over.  I am sure I have every kind of lilly growing out front of the house.

I am overwhelmed.. I have too much and I'm afraid to pull anything out because it might be a nice plant.  I really can't tell the difference between a plant and a sophisticated weed lol.... I am quite familiar with the everyday dandelion weed lol

This is the picture of the house when we bought it.  There's the yucky yew on the left.  That is now gone.
Did anyone else have something like this?  What did you do?  Did you hire something to come in and fix it up?  If so, what did it cost?  I am going to get a few estimates to see if it is worth the money to just have something come in and finish it.  Maintenance is no problem for us, it's just that it sooo overwhelming to start.  I'll keep you posted for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...