Monday, August 9, 2010

Baby Boy Blanket Tutorial..finished!

I have finally finished the baby boy flannel blanket before he was born!!!!  I am very impressed with myself :) 





Because of the process pledge, (see on right) I tried to document each step (kinda)....instead of just showing the end product.





First I purchased a ready made panel, warm & natural batting, the backing fabric and Gutterman thread to match.. I stacked the 3 layers on top of each other and then pinned it altogether!

I did quilt a little on the blanket... mostly straight line around the border and also around the star and moon. Once that was finished I trimmed the edges and started to sew the binding on.  I always have to look up on the internet on how to properly attach binding.  Thank god for the internet!!! 
and here is the end result :)  Yeahh!!!  It's going in the mail tomorrow :) Have you ever used a fabric panel to make a baby blanket?  Do you have pictures?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...